Holiday Shopping Guide: Trainer Gifts
We all know trainers are notoriously hard to buy for. Do you guess at what kinds of muggle clothes they like to wear? Or do you try to buy them something horse-related that they don’t already own? We typically err on the side of caution and go with the latter, but once you’ve decided on a direction for your gift, where do you even begin looking?
Unless you’re one of the lucky few who knows their trainer’s exact size in ever single brand out there (and, to be honest, that’s just a little creepy), you're going to end up hazarding your best guess. More often than not, that means getting gift receipts, making exchanges, and a whole lot of rigmarole that can put a damper on holiday cheer. The solution? Go size-less! We’ve pulled together a list of our favorite giftable goodies that make perfect presents for trainers, no sizing required.
Staying cozy in style never looked so good! When you're buying for fellow equestrians you can never go wrong with neutral colors. Gray, black and navy go with just about everything, so your expertly chosen gifts are almost guaranteed to match any #ROOTD they can put together. Check out some of these suggestions for keeping your trainer warm and stylish this winter show season:
1) Logo Boot Socks - Every equestrian knows the value of a good pair of socks - or five! These low profile nylon and Lycra blend socks are designed to fit perfectly under even the slimmest of tall boots, so your trainer's toes will stay cool and comfortable no matter how many hours they spend in the saddle. - $10.00
2) Derby Belt - Our signature Derby Belts are always a crowd favorite. Low profile, stretchy, colorful and versatile, we can almost guarantee you'll find something your trainer will love. A little overwhelmed with color choices? We have plenty of neutral, basic color options that will look fabulous with any color breeches you could imagine. New for 2016, a selection of our Derby Belts are also available in Petite sizes for smaller riders. - $34.00
3) Winter Scarf in Charcoal - Designed with the equestrian in mind, the Winter Scarf is cozy and warm yet light and unobtrusive - that means no wayward accessories flying in your face while you're out for a gallop. These lightweight, snuggly wonders are also available in cool Royal Blue and festive Ruby Red for trainers who appreciate a little pop of color. - $24.00
4) Show Vibes Canvas Tote - For the trainer who's always on the move, this tote can handle just about anything they can throw in it. These can-do carry-alls feature three generous pockets, reinforced stitching, 100% cotton canvas construction and our bestselling Show Vibes design screen printed on the side. - $45.00
5) Winter Warrior Beanie - These second most important thing you should buy for your noggin (after your helmet of course) is a cozy cap to keep it warm on chilly winter days at the barn. This neutral little number looks great with all of your trainer's favorite outerwear and will keep them feelin' warm and lookin' cool. - $28.00
A little color is never a bad thing, especially in the middle of winter! It's a scientific fact that warm, happy trainers make us do less no-stirrup work, right? So why not keep yours cozy with some of our cold weather essentials.
6) HC Cable Knit Beanie - This snuggly little number is a super-soft knit cap accented with the iconic Hunt Club branding badge that is guaranteed to keep your trainer warm on even the chilliest horse show morning! These beanies are as easy to care for as they are to style - simply pop this puppy in the wash (inside out) and it comes out looking just like new. - $28.00
7) Derby Belt in Triple Bar - This particular Derby Belt features some of our favorite colors all rolled into one. Same stretchy fabric, same low profile buckle, same unparalleled comfort and style. Better yet, the 'Triple Bar' Derby Belt is also one of our select styles that is also available in Petite sizes! - $34.00
8) HC Campfire Mug - If there's one thing we know for certain, it's that trainers wouldn't survive without their coffee. These vintage-inspired 15 oz speckled stoneware mugs are emblazoned with the iconic Hunt Club logo and are perfect for anything from hot coffee and soup to oatmeal and mug cakes. They even come in their own padded box that's perfect for gift-giving! - $15.00
9) Long Winter Farm Lip Balm - Winter is tough on everyone, especially trainers who spend most of their time in drafty barns yelling at you from across the arena to keep your heels down. Long Winter Farm's line of creamy lip balms soothe chapped winter lips and smell absolutely amazing at the same time. With flavors like 'Pony Breath', 'Unicorn Farts' and 'Puppy Kisses', they're bound to get a laugh out of even the most serious equestrian instructor. - $4.50ea
Whether they're showing, coaching, schooling, or a mix of all three, trainers are always on the move. Equip them for success with these essentials for equestrian professionals on the go!
10) Barn Boss Beanie - The name says it all. We all know who REALLY rules the barn! While it might not be a crown, it's definitely a whole lot cozier. - $28.00
11) Jump Crew 20oz Tumbler - With places to go, things to do and fences to jump, equestrians need drinkware that can keep up. These double-walled, vacuum sealed tumblers keep drinks hot or cold all day long, so whether they're showing from sun up to sun down or logging long hours at the farm, your trainer's lifeblood/coffee will stay warm no matter what. - $29.50
12) Pink Pony Bakery Horse Treats - While you're spoiling your trainer with holiday gifts, why not spoil their ponies as well! Made with quality ingredients you can see and pronounce, you can feel good about giving these wholesome pony donuts to four-legged friends of all ages. - $9.00 dozen
13) Leather Logo Key Fob - Truck keys, trailer keys, trunk keys and barn keys. We're not quite sure how trainers keep it all straight, but these cute and functional key fobs certainly make the job a whole lot easier. Available in dark Havana and light Chestnut leather. - $12.00
14) HC Zip Clip - Tiny doo-dads like bobby pins, hair ties, chap stick and stock tie pins have a nasty habit of finding their way to the bottom of tack trunks everywhere. Help your trainer keep their essentials organized and within reach with these cute and functional zip pouches! Simply clip them onto key rings, belt loops, bag handles or backpacks for easy access in a snap. - $25.00